STRATEGIC DIRECTION # 1
THE GPRSC WILL FACILITATE THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SPORT TOURISM STRATEGY.
Provide a well-coordinated, participant centered, sport delivery system
- Develop a comprehensive, up to date list of the sport groups, programs, resources, and facilities available in Grande Prairie and area
- Create a website that acts as an all-in- one site to access a list of sport groups, programs, resources, and facilities available in Grande Prairie and Area
Support a coordinated, collaborative, and accountable approach to hosting sport events
- Form a sports bid committee
- Provide assistance to athletes, coaches, and sport organizations in finding funding necessary to achieve excellence
- Help sport organizations to facilitate events and attract more events to Grande Prairie and Region
- Provide resources to support organizations and individuals interested in preparing bids for major sport event in Grande Prairie and area
Ensure the efficient development, management and utilization of facilities
- Form a sport liaison committee to serve as a resource, support and advocacy hub for all sport
- Meet with facility operators and collect & analyze data on usage
- Recognize obstacles and deficiencies and create a plan to implement change.
- provide vehicles for discussion and information sharing
STRATEGIC DIRECTION # 2
THE GPRSC WILL SUPPORT THE ENHANCEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OF SPORT WITHIN GP AND AREA.
Increase the number of sporting participants in Grande Prairie
- Form a communication & marketing committee
- Make it easier for residents to find out about sport and sport organizations in Grande Prairie, via websites, publications, and other information
- Promote sports participation in our city and region
Recognize athletes, volunteers, and coaches
- Host Annual sports banquet
- Develop a strong news feed on website.
- Work with partners in the media to increase the coverage of amateur sport
STRATEGIC DIRECTION # 3
THE GPRSC WILL PROMOTE CS4L IN GRANDE PRAIRIE AND AREA.
Become a Canadian Sport 4 Life Community
- Develop a CS4L Community Leadership team
- Identify potential CS4L champions in active living, recreation, sport, education, health, local government, and other key community partners GP and Area.
- Provide champions with CS4L information and resources.
- Assess our community as a CS4L community to identify work that can be undertaker.
- Work with community partners to plan, communicate, engage, execute and evaluate.
- Host a mini summit
STRATEGIC DIRECTION # 4
THE GPRSC WILL FACILITATE EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIP BUILDING AMONG GP SPORT ORGANIZATIONS AND OTHER KEY STAKEHOLDERS, INCLUDING THE CITY OF GP, THE COUNTY OF GP.
Improve communication and coordination
- Create a website where information on all sports can be found including facilities played and events calendar.
- Work on social media following. Keeping the sport community engaged and up to date.
- Be the central contact point for all sport organizations in Grande Prairie and Area
- Provide vehicles for discussion and information sharing
Build and maintain an extensive database of sport organizations, corporate and private supporters, facility stakeholders and other vested parties
- Develop a membership welcome letter and online form.
- Encourage sports organizations, associates and individuals to become active members
- Acquire membership in business networking organizations such as Chamber of Commerce
- Open communication channels to GPSC by creating multiple ways to engage with us I.e Facebook/twitter/linkedin/newsletter subscription/online contact forms and traditionally via email/phone/person.