Grande Prairie Sport Council Overview
The GPSC is a volunteer driven, not-for-profit organization representing and serving the Grande Prairie and region sport community. We assist sport organizations and connect the community with sport. Our signature events are Stringam Try It Day and the Northwest Alberta Sport Excellence Awards.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-starter to provide support for the Sport Council in its efforts to support sport organizations within the region. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, have a positive attitude and professional demeanor. An excellent work ethic is essential along with a love for community development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, manage and sustain the regional sport database
- Prepare reports, letters, e-newsletters and other correspondence
- Develop agendas and take minutes for committee and board meetings as directed by the Executive Director
- Assist with budget preparation, and financial reports.
- Assist in the creation, scheduling and delivery of social media/digital content that helps personify the Grande Prairie Sport Council brand amongst stakeholders and members
- Engage with community members and stakeholders
- Support the Executive Director with event and volunteer management
- Other duties shall be assigned as required
- Proficient in MS Office programs
- Experience with and excellent knowledge of social media platforms such as twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in content management websites and online registration software an asset.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work independently
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities, while meeting various deadlines
- Must value sport and have a positive attitude towards sport and sport tourism with a basic understanding of the benefits of a healthy sport community.
- Graphic design proficiency considered a strong asset
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director.
Most of your days will be spent working in a small, busy and supportive office.
Some work will be done outside of regular business hours
Type of Position: Part Time
Hours of Work: Mon-Thurs 9:00am – 3:00pm for 44 weeks/year (September – June)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: November 19, 2018
To apply for this position please submit your cover letter and resume by November 19, 2018 to:
Grande Prairie Sport Council
Attention: Karna Germsheid
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Download GPSC_Administrative Assistant1