The GPSC is a volunteer-driven, non-profit organization representing and serving the Grande Prairie and Area sport community.
To be a strong and connected sport community in the Grande Prairie region
To influence and support the growth and enhancement of sport in the Grande Prairie Region.
- Promoting sport in Grande Prairie and Area.
- Being a resource to the sport community
- Increasing communication lines between sport organizations enabling them to collaborate and reduce redundancies
- Supporting individuals or organizations in hosting or bidding for sport events
- Recognizing athletes, volunteers, corporate and individual contributors to sport in our region.
- Providing a vehicle for discussion and information sharing
- Facilitating increased access to education and training for athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers
- Supporting the Grande Prairie Regional Recreation Committee in implementing the Joint Recreation Master Plan